Welcome to SaltMates, operates by SaltMates, Inc. (the “Company” or “SaltMates”).
The Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old or of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company, you are not a person who is barred from using the Services under the laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction – meaning that you do not appear on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or face any other similar prohibition, and you will comply with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations. If you create an account, you further represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any state, federal or local sex offender registry. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Services.
Creating an Account on SaltMates
Accessing the Services and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Application, and any service or material we provide on the Application, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Application, or the entire Application, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
· Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures (the “Login Credentials”), you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services or portions of them using your Login Credentials. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Login Credentials. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services and their entire contents, features and functionality (including, but not limited to, all trademarks, trade names, service marks, information, software, text, displays, slogans, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. You agree not to remove, obscure, reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Services, including copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property or proprietary information accessible through the Service, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the Company or, if such property is not owned by the Company, the owner of such intellectual property or proprietary rights.
The Application may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums and other interactive features (collectively, "Interactive Services") that allow users to post, upload, submit, publish, display, record, link to, transmit to, or otherwise make available to other users or other persons (hereinafter, "post") content or materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (collectively, "User Contributions"), on or through the Services.
Any User Contribution you post to the Services will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Services, you grant us and our service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns a worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license to host, store, use, reproduce, copy, display, modify, adapt, edit, publish, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for the limited purpose of operating, developing, providing, promoting, and improving the Services and research and developing new services.
You represent and warrant that:
· You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Services.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
· Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
· Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
· Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
· Contain video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian).
· Be likely to deceive or defraud any person.
· Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, instruct or assist any unlawful act.
· Stalk, cause annoyance, harassment, intimidation, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
· Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
· Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
· Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
· Contain restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page)
· In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
· For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
· To solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent.
· To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or user names associated with any of the foregoing).
· To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
· To solicit money from any users.
· To collect usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Services.
Additionally, you agree not to:
· Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Application or any software used on or for the Application, or cause others to do so.
· Use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to the Company or the Services (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of the Company) to direct any person to any other website or application for any purpose.
· Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through the Application (either directly or indirectly through use of third party software).
· Use the Application in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Application or interfere with any other party's use of the Application, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Application.
· Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services.
· Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Application or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
· Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Application.
· Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time or logic bombs or other material, components or devices which are malicious, disruptive or technologically harmful.
· Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Application, the server(s) on which the Services are stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Services.
· Attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
· Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
Interactions with Other Users
You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with other users. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CONDUCT OR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS.
Monitoring and Enforcement
We have the right to:
· Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
· Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
· Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Services. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot review all material before it is posted on the Services, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Application infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Application by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below). In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) ("DMCA"), the written notice (the "DMCA Notice") must include substantially the following:
· Your physical or electronic signature.
· Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Application, a representative list of such works.
· Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
· Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
· A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
· A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
· A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
8064 SE Asaro Street
Hobe Sound, Florida 33455
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Services may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Services
We may update the content on the Services from time to time, but their content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Use of the Services
If you choose to make an In-App Purchase, you will be prompted to enter details for your account with the Premium Store you are using – e.g., Apple, Android (your “Mobile Account”) – and your Mobile Account will be charged for the Premium Service in accordance with the terms disclosed to you at the time of purchase, as well as the general terms applicable to all other in-app purchases made through your Mobile Platform Account.
Premium Services may include monthly subscriptions (e.g., a one-month subscription or 12-month subscription, etc.). If you purchase an auto-recurring periodic subscription through the Premium Store, your chosen Payment Account will be billed continuously for the subscription period for the price you agreed to when subscribing until you modify this setting and cancel such service in accordance with the terms and conditions of your Mobile Account or Payment Account. If you cancel your subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term, and your subscription will thereafter not be renewed unless you subsequently opt-in for re-subscription through the Premium Store; however, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period. In no event shall SaltMates be responsible or liable for any payment processing errors (including identity verification, card processing, and regulatory compliance), fees or other service-related issues, including any issues that may arise from inaccurate account information or goods or products obtained through your Mobile Account or Premium Store. We strongly encourage you to review the terms and conditions of the Premium Stores, your Mobile Account and your Payment Account before you make any In-App Purchases or any Premium Service purchases.
Push Notifications and Location-Based Features
We may notify you about updates or activities related to the Application and/or SaltMates services, such as enhancements or events, via push notifications and alerts. Upon downloading the Application, you will be prompted to accept or deny such notifications/alerts. If you opt to deny, you will not receive any push notifications/alerts; if you opt to accept, push notifications/alerts will be automatically sent to you. If at any time you wish to stop receiving push notifications/alerts from the Application, you may opt out by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Links from the Services
If the Services contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. These include links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites and/or applications linked to the Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and applications. You acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any such content, information, statements, advertising, goods or services or other materials available on or through any such website, application or resource.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You acknowledge and agree that SaltMates cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that content available through the Application will be free of viruses or other destructive code, errors, inaccuracies, insufficiencies, malfunctions, omissions, defects, alterations, interruptions or delays. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Services for any reconstruction of any lost data.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, THEIR CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS DOWNLOADED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE APPLICATION, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE APPLICATION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE APPLICATION, ITS CONTENT (INCLUDING MEMBER CONTENT) OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APPLICATION WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SERVICES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE APPLICATION OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APPLICATION WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, DOWNLOAD OR DISPLAY DEVICE, COMPUTER SYSTEM, INTERNET ACCESS, OR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA THAT RESULTS OR MAY RESULT FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APPLICATION.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. SALTMATES, INC. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USER.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, ANY WEBSITES OR APPLICATIONS LINKED TO THEM, ANY CONTENT ON THE APPLICATION, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THE COMPANY FOR THE SERVICES WHILE YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
The Services are operated by SaltMates, Inc. All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to: Contact@saltmates.com.
Last modified: November 4, 16
· The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you register your account with (your “Account”), access or use the SaltMates Mobile Application (the “App”).
· Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies only to information we collect in this App, in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This Policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
· We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
· You provide to or is collected by any third party (see [LINK TO "THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION" SECTION BELOW]).
These websites and apps and these third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you download, register with or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
· By which you may be personally identified, such as name and username, password for the App, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, sexual preference, nationality, geographical location, and photographs, login information and friend lists for social media accounts that you connect to your Account (this could include, for example, your Facebook, Google and YouTube accounts (“Social Media Accounts”), billing information including credit card number, type, expiration date, and billing address (collectively, your "personal information").
· That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your interests and hobbies.
· Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App and posting material or content to application. We may also ask you for information when you register to attend an event or when you report a problem with the App.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses, IP address, and phone numbers), if you contact us.
You may provide information to be published or displayed ("Posted") on the App or on public areas of websites you access through the App (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your Account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection And Tracking.
When you download, access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
· Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including location data and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
· Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, MAC address, device model and the device's telephone number. In addition, if you permit us to do so, the App may access your device’s address book and contact lists in order to offer you certain features of the App.
· Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
· Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device. If you turn these features on, we may collect your device’s geolocation data and save your device’s coordinates to offer certain features to you. We may also use your device’s geolocation information to personalize the App and make it easier for you to interact with others.
You can control your location information settings, including turning the features off, in your Account settings. However, even if you have disabled location services, we may still determine your city, state, and country based upon your IP address (but not your exact location). We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection And Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
· Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
· Web Beacons. Pages of the App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
· Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, Google, and YouTube
· Your mobile service provider.
· Your mobile device manufacturer.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
· Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
· Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, including communicating with you and providing you with customer support.
· Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· Resolve disputes between you and other Users.
· Investigate fraud, carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection, and to enforce our Terms & Conditions.
· Conduct research and analytics about how you use and interact with the App.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you use the App.
We use location information we collect to allow Users to view your profile, postings, and other User Contributions, and interact with you depending on your geographical location.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods, services or events that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your Account profile. For more information, see “Choices about how we use and disclose your information” section below.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
· To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, but only for the purposes of performing these functions and providing such services.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of SaltMates’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by SaltMates about our App users is among the assets transferred.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. For more information, see “Choices about how we use and disclose your information” section below.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
· To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App EULA, and for billing and collection.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SaltMates, Inc., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud and security protection.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
· Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. However, if you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information, or permanently delete your Account, at any time by logging into the App and visiting your Account profile page.
When your Account is deactivated, we take reasonable efforts to make sure it is no longer viewable on the App. For up to 30 days, it is still possible to restore your Account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated. After 30 days, we begin the process of deleting your Account from our systems. We are not responsible for any information, pictures, comments, or other content that is deleted from our systems resulting from the deactivation of your Account.
Removed and deleted information may persist in backup copies for up to 30 days to enable restoration, but will not be available to others in the meantime.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to Contact@saltmates.com or write us at: 8064 SE Asaro Street, Hobe Sound, Florida 33455.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
SALTMATES, INC. EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO BREACHES OF SECURITY, DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR ANY LOSS OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA.
Our Policy Towards Age
The App is not intended for children, minors or anyone under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from individuals under the age of 18, we will take steps to terminate that person’s registration and/or delete that information from the SaltMates App and website. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under the age of 18, please contact us immediately.